Thursday 29 April 2010

JON MCCLURE'S PARTY ALBUM


I MET Reverend and the Makers frontman Jon McClure at Islington’s Union Chapel on Monday. Usually preoccupied with bigger world issues, he told me he’s branching out into lighter things: “I’m working on Reverend Soundsystem. I’m making my electronic music with five of my old songs and five new songs with Kano and Roots Manuva and others. It’s pure party music. I’ve done kitchen sink drama, hip-hop, now I’m doing party. It’s coming out this summer. I deserve to make a party record. I’m very proud of it.”
I know it's old now but here's a reminder of why Reverend and the Makers first caught my attention.
• UK fusion band Dreadzone celebrated the launch of ninth album Eye on the Horizon with a party at Cargo on Wednesday. Legendary punk filmmaker Don Letts made a special DJ appearance. Single Gangster is out on May 23.
•The JD Set’s remake of Human League’s album Dare is at Dingwalls (May 5). Shy Child, Infadels, Zoot Woman, The Shortwave Set and Kids on Bridges spent a week rehashing the tunes.
• Rizz Promotions is running a special night of Camden acts including Mark Perrin ft Crony and Blues Tattoo at Camden Rock, Kentish Town Road on May 5. There’s an open mic invite to all political candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment